Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring Mantel....Shells or Ships?

Spring is tiptoeing  slowly thru our little mountain cottage.

I decided to go with a white color scheme on our mantel this year.


This sailboat is a bookend....such a cutie!



My sweetheart and I grew up on the coast of South Florida.
 We tend to pick up shells,
 sailboats
 and pictures of coastal scenes
 when flea marketing.




 The oil painting of the woodpecker was painted by my sweetheart. 
He paints beautifully!
BTW, he built the mantel, too!



Fleur-de-lis vase..... clearance.... Michael's.


 My sweetheart painted this with soft oil pastels...the lambs love it!




An alabaster scale....flea find...10 dollars.



 I began this mantle composition by stacking pictures on top of one another....then worked my way out from the center....varying heights and textures.



There you have it....my Spring mantel. 
What do you think I should call it?


But wait!

 Before you go I need to ask your opinion.

I am trying to decide whether to use

 the ship above....



or the shells and plate?


Ship or shells? Which do you like the best?


Have an awesome week!

Blessings, Audrey

I will be linking to these fun parties.

Monday-
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Metamorphosis Monday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Show It Off Monday at Get Outta My Head Please
Tuesday-
CowgirlUp Tuesday at CedarHill
Knick of Time Tuesday at knickoftimeinteriors.blogspot.com
Tablescape Tuesday at astrollthrulife.blogspot.com
Tuesday’s Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com
Turning The Daunting Into the Do-able at projectqueen.org 
Wednesday-
Wednesday is Rednesday at suelovescherries.blogspot.com
What’s It Wednesday at ivyandelephants.blogspot.com
Thursday-
Open House Party at nominimalisthere.blogspot.com
Pearls and Lace Thursday at faithgracecrafts.blogspot.com
Tablescape Thursday at betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com
Time Travel Thursday at The Brambleberry Cottage
Treasurehunt Thursday at frommyfrontporchtoyours.blogspot.
Friday-
Air Your Laundry at www.freckledlaundry.com
Freestyle Friday at www.happyhourprojects.com
Home Sweet Home at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Kiss Me I'm Irish at I Gotta Create
Show and Tell Friday at romantichome.blogspot.com
Simple and Sweet Friday's at Rooted In Thyme
Saturday-
Pink Saturday at howsweetthesound.typepad.com
Saturday Nite Special at Funky Junk Interiors
Sunday-
Sunday’s Best at my1929charmerblog.com

20 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh such a lovely mantelscape. Your DH's paintings are stunning. Such a talent. I love the ships, they are wonderful, however the plate is nice too. Maybe change them out periodically. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I'm with Marty. I love ships, but I also like shells. Like she said maybe you can change them out periodically.
Your sweethearts paintings are wonderful.

Babs said...

I love shells and ships and like to decorate, sometimes, with a "seafaring" look. I know what you mean about trying to decide which look,when you like both. I do that all the time. I think I like the plate and little ship and shells better, but both are nice. Love your little lambs, too.
Babs

Revi said...

Hi Audrey, I'm going to go with the plate! As great as the boat is, it almost blends into the brick. Maybe it needs a lighter plainer background to show case it somewhere else in the room?
-Revi

Anne said...

I love your mantle.If I had to pick I would go with the ship.

Gina said...

Your mantel looks fantastic! I don't know if I could pick between ship or shells because I think they both look great. You have so many wonderful paintings to make your mantel an original!

Pieced Pastimes said...

Your Spring Mantel is great! Love all the layers and mix of objects. My vote is the plate - just think it picks up the white pitcher on the other side nicely.

Our Hopeful Home said...

Both scenarios look nice, if you had the patience you could switch them out from time to time. If I had to pick I think I'd pick the boat, it seems a better height for that spot!

Susanne said...

That's too tough a call for me to make, both are fabulous. Nicely done.

Unknown said...

I like the ship better. I love, love the way you layered this!!! It looks fantastic. found this post at Meet Me Monday

Michelle said...

I like the ship better :) New Visitor found you at project queen :)

Shannon Fox said...

I like the plate and shells, but use whatever makes you smile the most. Love the sweet little lambs. So glad you linked up and shared =) Happy Spring!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Cute mantelscape! So spring-y feeling!!

Mandy said...

Thanks so much for sharing your mantel at Project Queen!

I like the shell plate!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the ship! I also love the way you have layered your art...it takes a good eye to pull this off and you've done it beautifully! ♥

Princess Kate said...

Both nice but I'd do the ship. Thanks for sharing.

Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage said...

My personal favorite would be the shells and plate. Which one does your sweetheart like. ;)

Thanks for linking to Time Travel Thursday again this week.

Blessings,
Liz @ The Brambleberry Cottage

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Your mantel looks beautiful! LOVE all the layers!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

I like the lambs and your sweetheart's painting. lovely! Thanks so much for linking up to the "Spring Fling" party over at I Gotta Create! <3

The Charm of Home said...

Very pretty! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...