Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas Sideboard

Last week I revealed my  shameful secret!!! 


I am a lazy decorator!


 Now you know the truth.


 I showed you how I layer in the winter stuff that will stay there on my buffet ALL WINTER....
right up to Valentine's Day.


 Now the Christmas Layer goes in!




 See the first layer here.


No one can accuse me of being a minimalist...nope...to me less is just that ......less.


As you can see I love layering textures and colors.



 The table is covered in ticking. 


The centerpiece is an old, old framed mirror. [will show this up close in a later post]





We put pine boards down a couple of years ago.









The candle below is a Dollar Store pillar wrapped in paper printed  with random graphics....
bird feathers, music notes,etc.and gold braid ribbon, don't burn the candle with the paper taped around it!


The ice-crystal candle ring was bought at the Dollar Store.







The globe is a music box.







Greenery came from our Royal Ranger Outpost...they sell Christmas trees every year. There is a funny story about them. Last Wednesday Night at church I asked a couple of the teens if I could have a few of the branches for decorating. "Sure," they said, "where would you like us to put them?" "In the back of my pickup." A while later [after looking all over the parking lot] they came back and said they could not find my truck.
 Oh! no!
Then our 13 yo granddaughter said, "Grammy! You drove the other vehicle!"

 OOPS! Sorry!




I try to incorporate bits of nature in all my vignettes....pine branches, birds, their nests and eggs,  seashells...





We found this shell on one of our walks on the beach years ago.











Remember the candlestick plus plate equals cakeplate in a previous post?


 You can see several in the picture below.








I hope you don't think any less of me now I have let you in on my decorating sluggardness. [I also like making up words]

Thank you, Sherry, At Charm of Home for featuring my post on my red transferware! How wonderful is that? It is so amazing the kind folks you meet in blogland!





Try to remember that this season is not about presents, but about His Presence.


I will be linking to these blog parties:

Monday-
DebbieDoo's Newbie Party debbie-debbiedoos.blogspot.com/
Mosaic Monday at dearlittleredhouse.blogspot.com/
Masterpiece Monday at boogieboardcottage.blogspot.com
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch.blogspot
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at http://houseinroses.blogspot.com
http://youaretalkingtoomuch.blogspot.com

Tuesday-
ClubG.W. at charmbraceletdiva.blogspot.com
Knick of Time Tuesday at Knick of Time Interiors
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com
projectqueen.org
Tablescape Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tuesdays Treasures at www.myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.com

Wednesday-
Primp Your Stuff at http://micheleravendesigns.blogspot.com
White Wednesday at Faded Charm
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Wednesday is Rednesday athttp://suelovescherries.blogspot.com/

Thursday-
Open House Party Thursday at No Minimalist Here
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps On the Porch
Treasure Hunt Thursday at F.M.B.P.T.Y.

Friday-
Feathered Nesthttp://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Home Sweet Home Friday at thecharmofhome.blogspot.com
Potpouri Friday 2805
Show and Tell Friday at http://romantichome.blogspot.com/
The Shabby Nest:Frugal Fridayhttp://www.shabbynest.blogspot.com/
Vintage Inspiration at Common Ground

Saturday-
How Sweet the Sound http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com

Sunday-
Sunday's Best at My 1929 Charmer








25 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Ok, I still am not seeing any issues here, lol, I love it all! The other day I loved the bunny pic more than anything, then you go and show the pine boards today. Your making it very difficult to pick a favorite, and I do that everywhere I go. I don't know why I do that, but I do ???

Leslie's Garden said...

I love the way your layer things. There are so many things to grab your interest. And I really love your red plates. They look so pretty with a little Christmas greenery!

Leslie's Garden said...

I love the way your layer things. There are so many things to grab your interest. And I really love your red plates. They look so pretty with a little Christmas greenery!

Sherry said...

You do a wonderful job with your layering...your home gives off a comfortable, welcome feel.

PeaceFilledMommy said...

After seeing this, my house feels rather naked! I am not good at layering, but love what you've done. Your ideas are great!

Susanne said...

So many pretty details - what a feast for the eyes. Pretty!

Pat said...

The lushness of your buffet is just amazing. SO interesting too, to look at every little thing. Great job!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Your buffet is gorgeous, luxious and full of beautiful Holiday things I'd like to spend an afternoon looking at each one...yeh, I'm not minimal either, to me MINIMAL is nothing warm, alright! Merry Christmas.
FABBY

Kei said...

Wow, I love your Christmassy sideboard! It's so wonderfully festive and totally captures the magic and excitement of Christmas! :)

Unknown said...

I love the way you layer things...when I do it, it looks like I just threw stuff together! lol I could spend hours looking at all your pretties!Have a Merry Christmas!
Blessings My New Friend,

Linda said...

Greetings of the Season!

I love your layering and the ticking - it's my favourite. In fact, I just had blinds and draperies in black and white ticking made for many of the rooms in my home. It acts as a neutral and lends an air of easy and casual elegance. Love it!

All appears cozy and bright at your home. Christmas blessings to you and yours,

Linda at Beautiful Ideas

andrea@townandprairie said...

I love the set-up of your dining room and am drawn to that bunny painting. I want one! It is so charming! andrea@townandprairie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love seeing a seashell mixed in there! Beautiful decorations! ♥♥♥

Tracy said...

I love your non-minimalist look! Your furniture is gorgeous also.

black eyed susans kitchen said...

I love the way you layer...it looks like everything has been collected over a long period of time.

Lavender Cottage said...

Your sideboard is nice, love the teapots!

Unknown said...

Awesome elegant dishes and decorations.

Something small

Heaven's Walk said...

Hi Audrey ~ Your dining room looks like something out of a vintage book! Soooo pretty! I think my fav item, tho, is the seashell in the gravy boat. Sweet and simple! :) Great job in your "lazy" decorating! lol!

xoox laurie

Teacup-In-The-Garden said...

Wonderful!
Have a nice week,
Markus

Anonymous said...

I love the way you layered your items! It all looks lovely! Your dining room is magazine ready for a vintage photo shoot! I'm a new follower. I love these ideas!

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness, You can decorate for me any time you like! I love everything -I love the photo of the transferware and the pointer dog on the table. Love the tablecloth and your floors are Beautiful! Found your blog from over at Debbie's

The Charm of Home said...

Audrey,
This is just beautiful! I love the shell tucked into the gravy dish. Very nice. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

Miss Charming said...

Such lovely Christmas decor. I'm really loving your buffet--so beautiful!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

I do love the way you layer, and will use it as a guideline. Maybe you should do a tutorial on layering, bet a lot would like it. You sideboard looks absolutely stunning, I am not good at this, so am inspired by you. Thanks for sharing over at Sunday's Best.

Anonymous said...

We have a sideboard that belonged to my husband's grandma ... and while I like to think I keep it decorated, you have inspired me to a whole new level - love what you've done with yours, love the layering. I see I've got work to do :)

I'm your newest follower, and look forward to reading future posts.

Mary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...